Join Phroogal on a road trip across America raising financial awareness through local grassroots interaction and social media engagement.
The Road to Financial Wellness is an award winning project earning the Plutus Award at the 6th Annual Plutus Awards in Charlotte, NC.
Follow along on a 15,000+ miles road trip through 50 states. We’ll be hosting and participating in events all across the country: from The Smile Lifestyle Events, financial wellness seminars, book signings and training. We’re going to break the social taboo about money and empower a generation to live their dreams by understanding financial wellness.
We’ve done this before and our message has resonated with thousands of people and communities all around the country. We are going to attempt to make financial education history in 2016 and visit all 50 States in the Union. We’re continuing the conversation we started last year and we now have a larger team nationally and locally that will make this happen.
What is Financial Wellness?
Financial wellness is an important topic as it pertains to how we live our lives. It’s a combination of wealthy and healthy living. It’s not just about the size of your bank account but the quality of your life.
Our goal is to educate people on the merits of financial education to improve the overall quality of one’s life determined by your emotional, mental and physical state.
What to Expect?
50 Events in the Summer of 2016
The Road to Financial Wellness is an epic journey to educate and inspire a generation to live their dream lifestyle through an increase of awareness and an understanding of financial wellness.
- 50 pit stops (one in each state).
- Over 30 financial wellness events across the country.
- 100-150 attendees at each of The Smile Lifestyle events.
- Books signing with author, Jason Vitug and others.
- Food, drinks and giveaways.
- Engaging conversations, networking and memories.
- Continuous stream of location specific social media posts and shares.
- Street-level interviews and conversations with people in different locations.
- Sit-down coffeehouse conversations with financial brand owners, financial educators and community organizers.
- Behind the scenes look at what happens on The Road.
- Conversations with personal finance bloggers and financial advisors.
- Local meet-and-greets with influencers.
You’ll find us online, socially and on traditional media.
Road Trip Path
We’re going to kick off the road trip in the NYC Metro area and find our way in every part of the country.
Road Trip Goals
Our plan is to turn local money discussions into a national conversation around financial wellbeing. We’re breaking the last social taboo with an aim to educate you on the important role financial knowledge has to help you live your dream lifestyle.
- Conduct and engage with communities throughout the United States through planned and unplanned events.
- Capture and share real conversations around money and financial wellness.
- Provide a motivational financial seminar to local communities, employees and groups.
- Share the unique culture and money experiences in different parts of the country.
- Raise the importance of financial inclusion and capability on a national level.
Come meet the team at one of events happening around the country. To find an event near you visit our Events page.
The Road to Financial Wellness is the first financial initiative to fully utilize a high-tech and high-touch approach to engage .
Sponsors and partners can:
- Promote financial inclusion and capability.
- Increase local and brand awareness.
- Increase social engagement.
- Support a movement that benefits your community.
Learn more about sponsorship opportunities and become part of the Road to Financial Wellness.
The Road to Financial Wellness is a 30 day 30 location grassroots and social media campaign to raise financial awareness. The road trip begins on June 1st and ends June 30th. Our plan is a cross-country road trip starting in Portland, Maine and ending in Los Angeles, California.
Our mission is to empower a generation to make better financial decisions to live their dream lifestyle.
We are driving 10,000+ miles zigzagging across the country to participate in events, conduct seminars and engage with residents in various communities to capture the financial stories of people.
We believe that local conversations shared can help bring about national awareness.
How We Plan To Share The Stories, Conversations and Moments